Mar 3, 2011

Apparel Artwork: Rambo Rabbit

. Posted by Sherrie Thai of ShaireProductions.com

Rambo Rabbit Shirt

Rambo Rabbit is a hand-illustrated character armed with a carrot gun and a take-no-prisoners attitude. The design is available as a shirt.

Having the t-shirt medium is very freeing as it gives me the opportunity to dabble in different art styles. I realize the subject of "animals and guns" is not a new concept, but I wanted to explore my own version. The inspiration stems from Tokidoki's lovable creatures with guns, a conversation with a friend and a live-action 80s comedy film. Although I don't recall the name of the film, the opening sequence always stuck with me--the main character was a cartoonist and draws a rabbit, which comes to life and starts shooting people. That was perhaps the most interesting part of the movie too, but overall, film is always a great inspiration.